1st Karachi Cricket League
Tap Ball Cricket Tournament 2020
Knowthys | Live to know!
Playing Rules & Conditions
ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED AS PER SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED HEREINAFTER EXCEPT AS VARIED HERE UNDER AS KARACHI CRICKET LEAGUE PLAYING CONDITIONS.
Important Note: No Team will be allowed to participate in this tournament until they have registered their Team and all 12 players with the Karachi Cricket League.
All Teams and Players need to sign and submit Code of Conduct during Team and Player registration which has been drawn up by the Karachi Cricket League Committee (KCLC).
DRAWS AND FIXTURES
- Fixtures and Draws made for the tournament by the SUPERSTARS T20 Organizing Committee will be final and will not be changed except due to force majeure.
- SUPERSTARS T20 Organizing Committee has the right to postpone any match if deemed necessary due to un-avoidable circumstances
LEAGUE CUM-KNOCKOUT BASIS
- 16 teams divided will be into 2 groups (A and B) comprising of 8 Teams each.
- Top 2 teams from each group scoring maximum points at the end of knockout matches will qualify for the semi-final stages
- 6 Over matches will be played through out the tournament.
- If any of the team will not be present at time of given time schedule, points will be given to other team and match will not take place again.
- Timings, punctuality, & discipline will be maintained by Team Administrators.
- Team will be made by Team administrators & captain to make sure that the team is strong to win the tournament instead of giving chance to a non-player.
- In case of points tie in group matches, run rate will be followed to elect for Quarter final teams.
- Match empires decision will be full & final – neutral empires will be at the ground.
- Boundaries 4s and 6s in the semi-finals and final will be witnessed by committee members placed on the boundaries. Fielders will not be allowed to declare 4s or 6s.
- Winner of Quarter finals will play semi-final as per schedule.
- Selected top 4 semifinalist will play according to points and NRR as 1 will play 4 and 2 will play 3.
- Winners of semi-finals will play final.
- Two bowlers can bowl 2 overs and rest will bowl one over each.
- Jerk bowlers will not be allowed either slow or fast, umpires and Tournament committee will decide jerk bowler.
- Runners will be allowed through out the tournament by any team.
- Bowls will not be allowed to be used by any individual. Committee supplied balls will be used by everyone.
- Please bring your own bats and balls for practice, don’t ask to committee for this.
Run Rate Criteria
- Aggregate of runs made by team for all round matches will give average run rate.
- In case average run rate will be equal, then average runs given average will be taken.
- In case both averages will be equal, one over match will take place to finalize for the qualifier of Quarter final.
- In case of match drawn in Quarter finals, semi-finals & finals, one over match will be played to decision.
POINTS SYSTEM – LEAGUE STAGE
- Match Won – Two points
- Match lost – No Points
- Match Abandoned (any reason) – No point
- Match Tied – One point to each team
- Match cancelled – No point
- Match Forfeited due to Walk Over – Minus Two Points as Penalty for Walkover
Best of the tournament decision (Bowler & Batsman & All Rounder)
Best players of the tournament batting & bowling will be mutually decided by the tournament committee upon performance.
QUARTER FINAL CRITERIA
Top eight teams will be selected for Quarter final on the basis of Points and Net run rate.
- Top 1 will play Top 8
- Top 2 will play Top 7
- Top 3 will play Top 6
- Top 4 will play Top 5
SEMI FINAL CRITERIA
Top 4 teams will be selected for Semi final on the basis of points and run rate
- Top 1 will play Top 4
- Top 2 will play Top 3
Winner of Semi final 1 will play with the Winner of Semi final 2